WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH
Vrindavan is a home to large number of destitute women emerged from established and rapidly changing socio cultural and economic norms.
Vrindavan provides opportunity to women in terms of finance, health care and welfare.
Vrindavan however has a scope of improvement thus a large number of would be required to change the current conditions.
Pyari Maa Foundation participates in providing the major needs such as :
Major needs of women in Vrindavan:
- Ration card
- Train the trainers
- Health care
National commission report 2009-2010 survey report
- 20 different sites within Vrindavan were surveyed
- Women in Vrindavan constitute of :Widows – 78% , Married deserted women – 17%, Unmarried (single women choose to devotion and were unable to marry due to poverty) – 5%, Separated – 2%
- Destitute women of vrindhavan depend on bhajans ashrams and the pilgrims
- Pilgrims provide cash(alms) food, blankets, woolens and other items
- The women work in shifts and get paid rupees 3 and lentils rice as food
- Women play different roles and get paid between rupee 3 to rupee 10
- 89% of women are literate with minimal knowledge of pension ration card and pass book
Major issues as per the survey report
- Lack of running water
- Buildings not maintained
- Delays in passbook updating
- No funds for food and pocket money for last 1 year
- Women do not have their passbooks with them as the authorities feel that they will withdraw the money and use it
- Rupees 100 is deducted and collected for the maintenance as there is no enough funds