WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH
Pyari Maa Foundation is an NGO for widows working in coordination with old age home in Vrindavan to uplift the widows of old age home in Vrindavan.
Furthermore, Vrindavan provides the opportunity for women in terms of finance, health care, and welfare.
However, there is a scope for improvement in the lives of widows in Vrindavan. Besides this, a large number of people together can put their efforts into changing the current conditions.
Being an NGO for widows at Vrindavan, Pyari Maa Foundation conducts cleanliness drives to make the people understand about the importance of cleanliness for a healthy life.
Pyari Maa Foundation participates in providing the major needs such as :
Major needs of women in Vrindavan:
- Ration card
- Train the trainers
- Health care
National commission report 2009-2010 survey report
- 20 different sites within Vrindavan were under the process of surveys.
- Women in Vrindavan constitute of :Widows – 78% , Married deserted women – 17%, Unmarried (single women choose to devotion and were unable to marry due to poverty) – 5%, Separated – 2%
- Destitute women of vrindavan depend on bhajans ashrams and the pilgrims.
- Pilgrims provide cash(alms) food, blankets, woolens and other items.
- The women work in shifts and get Rs 3 and lentils rice as food.
- Women play different roles and get the amount ranging between rupee 3 to rupee 10.
- 89% of women are literate with minimal knowledge of pension ration card and pass book.
Major issues as per the survey report
- Lack of running water
- Buildings not maintained
- Delays in passbook updating
- No funds for food and pocket money for last 1 year
- Women do not have their passbooks with them as the authorities feel that they will withdraw the money and use it
- Rupees 100 is deducted and collected for the maintenance as there is no enough funds
Pyari Maa Foundation :
Old age home in vrindavan- makes efforts with all enthusiasm, comforts the widows with supply of most essential and critical requirements. Thus as our focus areas states we are able to continuously provide aid to the widows. Pyari Maa Foundation is striving to help needy women by doing charity. Hopefully, we will be able to make a big contribution to the lives of helpless widows and abandoned women.